Friday, May 27, 2011

Sometimes you just need to talk

Give and take.  That is where I am with Travis right now.  I give a little and he takes the whole piece. 

 I love being a mom right now.  Two is so much fun...maybe I am just wanting to see the bright side. 



I had a moment tonight when I could have given in, as usual.  Michael has been asleep for an hour and Travis went to bed his usual time, 8pm.  The only thing different was that Michael did the night routine and put Travis in our bed to read.  Something I NEVER do, for the simple reason that: he loves our bed. 


We were/are both tired and the last thing I wanted was to have T fall asleep in our bed.  I finally got Travis in his room and we read, he went to bed just fine.  Or so I thought...20 minutes later I heard him wailing.  I let him cry for a bit, thinking he would stop.  NOPE!  So I got him up, we came downstairs and talked.  Travis was laying on his freshly washed pillow pet with a blanket on him, talking to me about bikes and life.   

We stayed up until about 9 and then I took him back upstairs... on the way up this was the conversation.

Me:  Travis, we are going  adventure tomorrow!

Travis: Cat...fish

Me: Yea kinda like that...

Travis:  Sally and Nick

Can you tell we watch "Cat in the Hat"

I love our in depth talks, Michael and I usually end up laughing at Travis.  He gets so into what he is talking about and so serious sometimes.  His facial expressions are comical, for those of you who have seen them know.  To really drive home his points he often nods his head in agreement.  These are the special moments that I treasure and smile when our lively discussions end with "I like Mommy, I like Daddy, I like Mason."

What memories will you make this Memorial Day? 
 I am thankful for the men and women who have sacrificed, so that I can make these memories with my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment