My house is a mess and has been for the last two weeks. Boxes everywhere, toys, my life thrown around. Tonight is the last night in our house....sigh. I have been in that inbetween stage for two weeks and it all comes to an end. Some of our treasures have been moved to storage, for one of two reasons. We don't have room for it in the apartment or we don't need it at this very point in our lives. Michael and I look around and say to each other, "I don't know if all of this is going to fit." Not sure if he means the apartment or the storage unit.
Reflecting back on our 4 years here I realized that I am not at all sad. In fact I am excited to be moving, it means we are moving on. It means we are one step closer to moving back closer to family. This was our first house together, our first major purchase. We put alot of sweat, tears and some blood into this house. Michael more than myself, now you see why I am thankful for a handy husband. Every room as been altered in some way and now the new owners will enjoy it. Atleast until they demo the kitchen wall...
This is the house we brought Travis home to. This is the house Travis won't remember but the one I am thankful he did some of his growing up in. I am thankful we had a big beautiful first house and look forward to the next chapters in our lives. New town, new editions, new jobs and friends. The second will not compare to the first one, it might be better; but it won't be like the first. Nothing ever is and you know I think that is ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment