We headed out Saturday morning for our first road trip of 2012! After a delicious start to the day, brunch my golden girls (minus one), we were off.
After a pit stop to have a sandwich's at a rest stop, Mason decided to go for a swim. Stinky wet dog, with 3 more hours to go....
Travis got to sit inside a 18wheeler and honk the horn!! I think he has his own bucket list and that was one of the items.
We arrive in Grand Junction about 4, got checked in and Travis was begging to do swimming. So Trav and Michael went swimming, while I lounged in the room...ah. That was nice :)
Michael's crit started at 6:40...late night for us but a fun one. I don't think Travis watched the race at all. He found two older boys to play with in a little play area and they ran for at least an hour.
(Michael is in orange and black)
Michael was going so fast!! It was hard to capture good pictures. But he did great in the race!
The weather was perfect, we sat outside for dinner and it was so comfortable. Once we got home, Travis was asleep within 10 minutes.
Sunday, we hit the breakfast bar with some 'friends' we met at the hotel. Found out they live near by with boys Trav's age. A failed swimming attempt, to cold, and we were off to the road race. It was great to see all the riders working together on the climbs. We clapped and cheered when Michael came around. Then the wind picked up and Travis and I had to hunker down in the back of the car. Michael was tired, but had a great race, finished 3rd!
We got home around 8:30 last night and Travis immediately when upstairs for a bath. He was so dirty from the wind and dust...no way was I going to put him to bed that dirty.
All in all it was a great trip and I am looking forward to more road trips and adventures!!
The joy and adventure is all in the ride!!














No comments:
Post a Comment