Friday, November 25, 2011

Changing Traditions

I have always been a tried and true Christmas decorator once December rolls around.  However,  I think that is starting to change.  Now that Travis is old enough to really enjoy the season.  The lights and decorations and the excitement of Santa. 

(that excitement could change once he actually sees him)

Due to a change in plans, today, the day after Thanksgiving, I will decorate.  Michael has gone to ride and has taken my car.  So Travis is watching Christmas movies, bought last night at Walmart.

Yes I ventured out last night...it crazier and louder at 10pm approached.  I was trying really hard to be good and not bust into the loot marked to be open at 10pm.  I wasn't going for toys or gifts really.  I saw sheets on sale, NEEDED them badly.  Christmas ornaments, for a bigger tree this year and they are shatterproof (we'll see). 

There were people grabbing 10 or more waffle makers and tearing into packaging.  I laughed out loud at message Michael sent me. "Did you bring you brass knuckles, that's what I usually bring."  There were some other things I would have liked to have gotten or looked at.  However trudging back toward to the line for electronics didn't sound like a good plan. 

Besides there isn't anything that I need that much.  Christmas isn't about the gifts, it's about a Savior who was born and forever changed so many lives; including mine.

Looking forward to a joyful Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment