I saw it coming...it's been staring at me for a couple of weeks. My license was expiring, the little voice in the back of my head said, "go ahead and get it taken care of."
So why not wait until 3 days before it expires to do it? Travis, myself and the rest of the west side of Littleton had the same plan. At least it looked that way upon first glance. Luckily the DMV had two different number systems going. White tickets were for drivers license and yellow was for tag and title.
In my haste and wanting to make sure that Travis had enough to entertain himself, I forgot one key thing, proof I lived at my new address.
Long story short and two trips to the bank, I got my official proof that I do live at my house. Got back in line with a hungry and very tired 2 year old. Snacks are gone, my one saving grace has been eaten and dripped all down his shirt.
Alas I did come out with a new picture, better maybe, I will find out in about 10 days.
I met some neat people and saw some interesting ones. The man with the Paul Revere hat on, the people who thought the lobby at the DMV was also their office. My favorite was the purple leopard print bra underneath the sheer tank top. I don't think she was in line for the DL, can you imagine that picture?
Travis did great and I am so thankful for his 'go with the flow' attitude. It made the day much better and helped me not to stress about things that I couldn't do anything about anyway.
So the lesson: Unless you have to renew your license (thus needing a new picture and eye examine) go online and do it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment