Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Years...

I knew the big 3-0 was coming, everyone does.  I was and am excited about 30, not sure why.  Thirty seemed so old when I was learning to drive, when I was in high school.  To me thirty seemed just old enough.  Now that I am officially there, nothing seems different, except in my head.  I guess I have learned a few things along the way.  Not sure if you can really dole out wisdom at 30, but I will give it a whirl; and then just some random thoughts floating around.

- You can't change what has happened...so stop trying to.
- I thought life was great at 25...boy was I in for a surprise.
- Even from the time I was driving, things in the world have changed so much.
- I have been driving half of my life.
- One day my dad and I will get to finish the round of golf he couldn't due to my arrival.
- I have been with Michael for just over 7.5 years and it's been great; hasn't been perfect, but totally worth it!
- I am amazed that I am still friends with people from elementary school.
- I have been blessed with an amazing little boy, who is one of the best thing to EVER happen.
- I am blessed and loved by Him.
- No matter where we live, GA will always be home.
- The older I get the more I appreciate my parents and my brother and sister.
 - My sister still is one of the greatest people I know.
- I love the song, "Remember When" from Alan Jackson.

Life is good right now, it's 6am and its quiet.  Michael left for work very early, Travis is still asleep.  One of the few moments of complete quiet for me.  I look forward to what 30 will bring and feel like a 'real' adult now.  I know that God has something great in store for me...can't wait to see what it is.



1 comment:

  1. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Today, I thank your mom and dad, for without their decision to become parents I wouldn't have you in my life now. Today, I thank God that you belong to Him and have helped me on my own journey to more actively live out my faith. And today, I thank you for Travis, whose sweet little face melts all my troubles away. Happy birthday to a fine woman whose light is evident to all whom she encounters.

    ReplyDelete