Those are the very words Travis said to Michael the other day. The big deal is that it was Travis' first sentence. We understood it and knew what he was trying to convey. Now mind you he has been referring to geese at goofs. The jump from one word requests to two and three is amazing. Travis turned 2 and it was as though this light bulb went off, all the jibber jabber suddenly made sense in his head. So now, mommy more milk, more pasta, more crackers...well you get the idea.
It's fun to see this age, we can communicate and have a conversation. It's not one sided anymore, I now understand what he is saying. He has know for a while what I was saying; he just figured out all the words in head and got them to come out making sense.
I can't wait to see him grow and I have so loved watching him experience life. Last week we got the opportunity to go to a farm. There was only sheep, but he knows sheep and knows what they say. It was very fun to watch him, he was scared at first. Quickly he figured out they were harmless and wanted to help feed them.
It was so fun to see him interacting with the other kids as well and converse with them on all things farm.
You know the thing I am most amazed by thus far DISCLAIMER: HE IS TWO THIS WILL CHANGE...is how he recovers. The disappointment in his world is refreshing. Finding out there are no more suckers, that mommy doesn't have any cookies. It's to cold to play outside...etc. Sometimes he cries for a second, the rest of the time he rolls with it. There is always something else to do or get into.
Wouldn't life be better if we saw disappointment from the perspective of a two year old...maybe.
Lately I have been listening to him during his naps. I usually put him down at least 20-30 minutes prior to when I know he will fall asleep. Chatty Kathy likes to talk to his animals, the pictures in his room and himself. He says all his words and names all the people in his world and names his numerous animals. Occasionally animal sounds come out of his room, it's all I can do to NOT bust of laughing. At first I thought it would be great to be in there and watch this. Then I remember how I enjoy my time alone, away from everyone. I am sure he wants and needs that time as well. It's his time to rest his eyes, his body and many MANY thoughts racing through his head. So probably will not see any video of that on here, in my mind some things are to personal and precious to be shared with all.
These are a few of the daily things that happen at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment