Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

I am still amazed at how fast this year as gone by.  It seems like yesterday that I was figuring out what to do for Travis' 1st birthday.  Now I am thinking about his 2nd!!  What a great year its been for us.  There wasn't one thing or another that stuck out, it was just a great year.  My biggest excitement was finding out I was going to be aunt again.  I still have the voicemail from my sister, what a day that was.  I can hardly believe that we are two weeks and counting until my niece arrives.  What a great thing for them and seeing how excited Evan is about his sister, makes me smile.


We drove home this year for Christmas and surprised my mom.  I was so excited about getting here, that I almost forgot about the actual ride.  I had to stop, take a breath and thank God that we could go home and to see the trip as Travis does.  I wanted to see the ride through his eyes and ears.  He did really great and was so amazed and surprised at things.  I loved that every time we passed a big rig, he was quick to tell us.  Even when he was engrossed in Veggie Tales, he would tell us about a truck.  I am glad we made the drive, it's been a good trip.  We have seen family, I wished we could see more friends, the timing hasn't worked out.  I think its worked out just fine though, almost all of us got sick. 


I am looking forward to what 2011 brings us, what adventures and trips are ahead.  I look forward to what God has in store for us and me personally.  Where we end up, who we meet.  I am excited what new things Travis learns and has already learned. 


Happy New Year everyone, I hope that its better than last year, more fruitful and for great new things for everyone.  Thanks for being apart of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment